08/11/2009
This morning I day traded my QQQQ’s for about an hour. I did pretty well – netting over 1K -, I figure that’s not bad for an hour of work in my pajamas. I then got called by a fashion designer that I am doing a little work for. She is looking to have her website updated before her fashion show in a couple weeks so she can get some orders for her new spring collection. I went ahead got requirements, set expectations, and let her know my vision. Another one of her friends then came to the house and gave me another lead for some business.
This guy owns a boutique on Peachtree and needs an online image for his store. He is paying about 5K a month in rent for his shop and just see’s his business going down the drain. We went through a few ideas and came to a preliminary agreement. I think I will ask for a 10% stake in his company, access to wholesale clothing, and a monetary contribution for my work for his store online.
What we as young people and entrepreneurs have to remember is that money is not everything. Relationships are one of the most important things you can build. Along with that relationship you can get referrals and plenty of help for other things you need to do build your business free or at discounted rates!
Then we look at the 10% stake in his company, because I will be a shareholder in the company I will do any and everything I can to make my stake worth more. This means that 5 years from now if he becomes the next Versace or Dolce I will own 10% of the company.
After looking at the stake I can glance at the wholesale clothing. Boutiques have clothing that no one else has but there prices are CRAZY! I would be out of about 2 grand buying some things I like it his store. Now I can be funky fresh for less because of my wholesale part of the deal.
Talk about a great situation for everyone! I will be boosting his business by at least 80% and I get a very good deal as well. My how the world flows! J
P.S. about 5 minutes ago one of my partners called me with another business contact. This one will probably be strictly monetary but I probably will be able to leverage sometime in the future.
- Maurice
- AreliLife.BlogSpot.Com







No comments:
Post a Comment