Obama said some interesting things in the State of the Union address. I had doubts about him and his policies before this... but... When he said he would freeze government spending for 3 years starting in 2011 to help the deficit my mind immediately changed. Obama isnt just for the democrats, this guy is really for everyone...
If he does what he is saying he will do he will really fix things and not just patch them like every other president has done.. wow...
We can say bye bye to quick money in the market... sigh...
Well I plead the blood of Jesus over Obama because if he does what he says his presidency is going to get very dangerous very quickly...
Please tell me your thoughts because I am speechless at this point...
--
Follow Maurice
- http://twitter.com/MauriceHam
- http://www.facebook.com/mham2k
- http://arelilife.blogspot.com/
- http://www.areliconsulting.com
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Hey Maurice,
ReplyDeleteThe downside to all this is that
they're only words and we know
the track record for that in
Washington. Actions is what I'll
be watching for, but we all know
that the president isn't really
in charge... unfortunately.
Kary
The only things that make me think he is serious is the fact that he said he would veto everything that comes to his desk... That crazy... Has a president ever said anything like that?
ReplyDeleteThe track record sucks and he isn't in control, I think he may do some of the financial stuff... You know if he does he isn't getting re elected though. lol
From Essence Flowers Facebook!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.facebook.com/essence.flowers
- The way I see it is...everybody has their own opinions about Obama. I say he's doing what "he" has to do. I sleep better at night knowing that Obama is in office opposed to Bush. And that's about all I have to say about that.
I do think that even though Obama is mostly above politics, neither the Congressmen from his party nor the GOP are, hence notwithstanding how hard he pushes his agenda forward, it will stall @ Congress. The polytical system & democratic institutions are so rotten, and the culture of doing what's convenient (as oppossed to what's right) so deeply entrenched, that however inspirational (and sincere) his speech sounded, it'll die a quick death upon trying to have its main points implemented.
ReplyDeleteThat being said, if his message instills in the electorate the will to reform the system and through letters to their Congressmen and social media activity, advocacy groups and the electorate at large are able to stir up a grassroots movement that sends a clear signal of change to Washinton, then maybe, just maybe, health care reform might pass & the financial system overhauled (reinstatement of Glass Steagall, consumer protection agency, regulation of over the counter derivatives, curbs on executive compensation...). Alas, I think that's a really long shot.